Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pirate car wash

Pirate Car Wash!
by Geli


If that title doesn't make you curious, then nothing will!
It's Geli here and this is my crazy pirate hubby. 

Boys Scrapbooking Layouts

For the background, I used the groovy Oil Change paper from the "Garage Days" range. So what if the paper says "Car wash"? I love to embrace randomness! Surely even a pirate has to wash his car sometime? 
I spiced it up with some washi tape, which is a great and cheap way to add some extra patterns! I especially love the black and white ones, because it lets the colours underneath shine through. The chevron stamp also gives it some grunge. That stamp is one of my favourites for adding some shading.
My journalling is tucked under the photos and this is what it looks like pulled out: How cool is this clip-folder? 
Boys Scrapbooking Layouts

I put a little Inka Gold in platinum around the edges. 
 (Pssst: The original comes with a cool piece of stamped paper, but I messed up my writing and had to attach a new piece.)
The cluster features 2 of the tags from the Tyre Shop paper on a ball chain, a LOL charm and an embossed felt star

Boys Scrapbooking Layouts

To do the black spots, I dotted on some 3D paint and gave the paper a hard tap from underneath to make it spread out a little. This works with Liquid Pearls too, though they won't spread out as far.
There is a bit of stitching and while I was sewing, I sewed on some arrow charms:

Boys Scrapbooking Layouts

I think it looks great to include charms in a little hand-stitching.
I hope you like my pirate car wash and give it a try sometime!

Arrggh! Geli

No comments:

Post a Comment