Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some close-ups, as promised


Well, if you've ever met my family you'll know that we are all crazy guinea pig fans, especially my Hannah! When she grows up she wants to run a guinea pig hotel.


Did you know it's actually quite easy to sew on a paper doily? Just use 5 or more layers.


How funky is that kitschy blue plastic doily?! Lord forbid it should ever be seen on my furniture but on a layout it's fantastic! Leanne gave it to me and most of these other cool little bits and bobs:


And of course, more guinea pigs! For the next 2 layouts I used all my new design team goodies (Echo Park Springtime) from my2angels. Hop on over, there is a fantastic sale on.


I love the birdcage chippie. I've already used 4 of them and usually I'd be totally over it by now, but I can't get enough of it.


Little Leah is a cheerful soul and this paper range matches her prefectly.


I love the funkyness of this paper:



Baker's twine! Gotta love it. And that cute little charm...


But enough girliness! My son Joel got elected to be school captain this year (and I am ever so proud). This photo was taken the day they all got their badges.


A curly tree - why not? The key is a little chippie with copper foil.


To get that old look on the chippie word I first coloured it in with a white gel pen and then glimmer misted it and inked around the edge. Did I mention that was totally unplanned? I like the way it turned out:


Ahem, I'm fervently hoping our dear headmaster isn't a closet scrapper or blog stalker. I couldn't resist using this old playing card from Tracey. For the record, Mr. Teale is actually very nice.



And lastly, a trampoline LO, based on a Inspired Blueprints sketch. My girls spend a lot of time on that thing, hence the title "Trampolines are not just 4 jumping"


I love the stemmed flowers from my2angels


and the ever-so-kitschy plastic doily again:


Okey dokey, that's gotta be my longest blog post so far!
Hugs to all!
Geli




3 comments:

  1. beautiful Geli!! I so luv the stitched doiley LO!! U clever crafter!! And ur kidlets are just as stunning IRL!
    Luv Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these, can't even pick a fave! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful Geli. Im with Renee, LOVE that stiched doiley x

    ReplyDelete