Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas card bonanza

We all had a great time last Saturday making Christmas cards. We all got 6 cards done, listened to the first Christmas music of the season (I'm ignoring the shopping centre music which has been trying to "silent night" me since October!) and had some very delicious nibblies. Thanks to all my wonderful friends who came along and thanks to my awesome hubby Greg who kept the kids amused all day elsewhere. Ready for a little looksie to see what we made?

Here's an old-fashioned Santa card using Graphic 45 paper, some muslin and organza:


Then there's a snowy card. I do miss snow and the cold at Christmas! Hot Christmas, I will  never get used to you.


A gorgeous mirrow snowflake:


Making a poinsetta from really thick glitter cardstock and some cute Basic Grey paper. I do like the little twirly glitzy silver bits I found at Choice.


An angel card, being really economical with the patterned paper here by using thin strips.


The angel is covered in gold Opals, though everyone else was happy to leave it in plain wood


A little lace Christmas tree. I used some lace by the meter from Stampers and Scrapbooker's Wonderland and dyed it green with Walnut ink. Thanks, Barbara, for the fantastic idea!


And last comes a tri-fold card with the sweetest little felt reindeer. Another super-economical paper saver, using only 3 sheets of patterned paper for 12 cards.


Well, it was a great day. Thanks, everyone, for coming along.


1 comment:

  1. WTG Geli! wish I could've bn there...but u can only be 1 place at a time in this world ...looks like you all had fun and what awesome creative cards Geli & clan :)

    ReplyDelete