Thursday, August 25, 2016

Sassy

Everyone has their go-to colours. We recently build a wardrobe in our bedroom and I moved all my clothes. The teeny tiny part of me that is OCD, had to hang and sort them into colours. It was pretty clear that apart from the obligatory black and white I love reds and blues and aquas in all shades. It shows on my layouts too. What's your colour you can't stay away from?
A couple of weeks ago Glennis mentioned she wants to do a purple layout and since I couldn't get my hands on any pretty purple paper, I decided we will make our own! So here it is, in all its purple glory:


Now I realise that just like me you might not steer straight towards purple (and I don't know why, it  really is a gorgeous colour!), so you can pick your own colours, as we will start with (almost) everything in white! We will make the background with stencil and texture paste...

...sprays, salt (yes, salt) and stamps...


 ...then paint a chipboard word (choose one from the shop)...


...and make the lace flower...


Add some charms and knick-knacks...


 and of course, some groovy photos. 
Now the question is: Which colour will YOU choose?

You will need:
- a few photos: I have used my 3x4" die to cut 3. If you want the rounded corners and stitched edge that the die does, bring your photos as 4x6" to cut down. You can do 3 photos in any mix of direction.
OR a 4x6" (landscape) plus a mini
OR two 4x6" (portrait)
OR a 5x7" (landscape)
-  You can pick a chipboard word at the shop. While there are lots of words to choose from, the word sassy will probably not be there (it was in my stash from lightyears ago), so don't get your heart set on something specific. Maybe you already have the perfect word? Bring it!

Class times are:
Monday (29/08) 9:30am
Tuesday (30/08) 10am & 6pm
at Scrappin' With Style @ TJ's, 21 Mayes Ave, Logan Central
Cost is $25 incl everything you need




No comments:

Post a Comment