Monday, April 2, 2012

Birthday pages with Prima's Meadow Lark

OMG, I'm going purple! Not a colour I usually use much of, but it all started with my Christmas gift, a pair of funky purple pants. And I wore them on my birthday party, which gave Tracy from my2angels the idea to let me play with the new Prima range, "Meadow Lark".
Have you ever noticed that there are 200 photos of each of your childrens' parties and none of your own? That's what happened to me. I had an awesome wine and cheese tasting party with over 40 friends, most of whom are scrappers and only a handful of unfocused photo to prove it. But it needs to be scrapped, so fuzzy or not, here are my photos:



I used the Labelle paper for a background and the new charming word embelly in a cluster of gardenia, chipboard leaves and a calico rosette:


When a paper range has cute barcode strips, they are fun to use as flags:



 Here you have the white stemmed flowers all glimmer misted:



This little set of white mulberry flowers and butterflies is so versatile! So easy to colour with paint, glimmer mist or inks:

 

And guess what my lovely class ladies gave me for my birthday: a Cricut machine! (To use in class, to be sure) I couldn't believe my eyes!
For this page I used Chloe and Bronte paper with a little masking thrown in.


Here is how you can make a cute felt banner: Draw a few flags on a piece of calico, stick some felt ribbon on the other side...


 and cut out the flags before inking them:


Arrange them as bunting with a rhinestone strip:


The bird needed some feathers and I cut apart 3 small white mulberry flowers and inked the edges:


And lastly there is a deer! Don't ask me why, it just matched in colour. 


Psst! If ever you need to change the colour on a number 40 charm, cover it with Liquid Pearls.


A bit of baker's twine for a frame and now I think I've got the colour purple out of my system until the next decade. I hope you liked it.


2 comments:

  1. turned out wonderfully Geli - and the pants are lovely too :) it was a great party and of course you totally deserved the Cricut pressie, so enjoy. Thanks for sharing the photos too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the mulberry flowers for the bird :) And you have done better than me, my purple layout is still in progress LOL

    ReplyDelete