Sunday, July 15, 2012

Create an album with me pt6 - Babushki

 Welcome to my 6th page of Heidi's album! As before, I am using the This & That collection and you can follow all the links to my2angels for all the products I used.


Believe it or not, I started with the sketch from the my2angels blog:

Okay, so it's a little hard to recognise on my layout, but that's the beauty of a sketch, you can change things to suit you. Give it a go, you can win an awesome prize! You have till the end of July.

Yes, you can make an entire album from the collection, plus a bit of cardstock. I used mostly white cardstock for all the background and it's nice to snazz them up a little. Spraying over a template with glimmer mist is a good way and you get all the negative bits coloured. BUT what if you want it the other way around? Here is how:
Spray the template with yellow daisy glimmer mist in an old pizza box (I covered parts of the mask with some spare paper cause I didn't want the whole size), then turn the template over and place it on the cardstock. 
 Careful, you don't get a second go! Press down a little and you get this:
 It gives an interesting, uneven look.
Next, cut out some flowers from one of the patterned papers and glue them along the left side. (For now, don't glue the bottom ones on)
 
 Glue 2 photos together and attach them with tape, but leave the top open. They'll become pockets for the journalling.
To reinforce them a bit, sew along those edges:
Make a thin border and 2 flags from some of the border strips of the patterned paper and glue them under the photos. Bit more sewing? Sure.
 
 I added a sweet little gift charm and a love charm (I cut off the loop with pliers)
Remember on page 2 I had 3 petals of the giant mulberry flower left over? It was already sprayed with yellow glimmer mist and sewn with baker's twine from my previous project. Yup, I can't throw anything away... Well, here it is, tugged under some more flowers.
And here are a few more embellies:
a cute little mushroom charm and some Liquid Pearls (a super saving alternative to stick on pearls) on a swirl from the sticker sheet:
...a mulberry butterfly, again sprayed with with 2 colours of glimmer mist, and a felt heart. You can sew it on or (if you already packed up the sewing machine, like me) staple it down and hide the staple with a pearl. Too easy. 
 Punch a hole in each of the large flowers and put a few stamens in each one. Oh look, another glimmer misted mulberry butterfly, this time green! And a star flower...
 Another thing I love is the baker's twine: just tie a bow and pop it on, perfect for a bit of dimension in small bites.
 Lastly, here are the journalling cards (I haven't written anything yet), they go in the pockets under the photos.
I'll be back next week with the next page. If you have missed the other pages, here are the links: 


Cheers, bloggerinos!


No comments:

Post a Comment